RutuChakra Workshop for Sandesh Organisation – Personal and Menstrual Hygiene
RutuChakra conducted a workshop for Sandesh Organisation.
Date: 13th October, 2018
Time: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Target Area: Physically and Mentally Disabled Girls/Women and their family members
Audience: 40 people
Archita Hothur is an 11th grader from NPS HSR. From the past 4 years, she has been teaching underprivileged children science and maths. She thoroughly enjoys helping and it gives her immense satisfaction and happiness. She is also the Finance Head of RutuChakra.
Srivishnu Rajagopal is a student of 11th grade in NPS HSR. He has been an active part of the social community and is fond of participating in social causes. He is also the Finance Head of RutuChakra.
Diya Bashetty is a student of 11th grade in NPS HSR. She has a passion for helping out the less fortunate people and believes that “Helping is a trait, everybody should possess.” She is also the Workshop Head of RutuChakra.
The volunteers for this workshop were Esha Shah and Kavya. Thank you so much for your help!
1. Personal Hygiene – How to take care of oneself and one’s body such as maintaining one’s limbs, nails, teeth, etc.
2. Menstrual Hygiene – Explained via a PPT ; Presentation was in both Kannada and Tamil
• What is menstruation? – with a video (in both languages)
• How to take care of one’s body during this time
• Tips and Techniques to tackle various problems
• Menstrual Hygiene specific with certain disabilities
• Tackling superstitions and beliefs
• Usage and Disposal of Sanitary Napkins
• Question and Answer Session with the girls and their family members
• Quiz Session with exciting prizes
3. Distribution of sustainable sanitary napkins and teaching them how to use it, how to dispose it.
Follow our Instagram page @rutu_chakra where we keep updating and have uploaded more pictures and info.